Small scratches, scuffs and dents are not only unsightly, but have a negative effect on the value of your car. In the past, cars in need of cosmetic repair would have been sent to a conventional body shop, meaning that you would be without your car while the repair took place and potentially facing a large bill. Thankfully, many small scratches, scuffs and dents can be fixed using SMART Repair technology.
The SMART Repair concept was originally created to offer the motor industry a fast, cost-effective solution to assist in the cosmetic repair of used vehicles. SMART Repair Insurance now lets you take advantage of this new solution to ensure your vehicle always looks great by repairing minor bumps and scratches as they happen.
SMART Repair Insurance will pick up these costs for 36 or 48 months depending on the policy selected, up to a maximum of £3,000.
In addition, in the event that the damage to your vehicle falls within the terms and conditions of the policy, but cannot be repaired using SMART Repair techniques, we will contribute £150 towards the cost of a bodyshop repair.
• Unlimited number of claims with a £3,000 maximum claim limit
• Protects your no-claims bonus
• Protects the future resale value of your car
• Maintains the appearance of your car
• Professional repair, carried out at a time convenient for you.
SMART Repair Insurance covers you for a sudden and unforeseen event resulting in accidental damage to your vehicle, which can be described as one of the following:
• Scratches – means a scratch to the vehicle body panel not exceeding 30cm in length (depending on policy selected), not deeper than 3mm, and not extended over more than 2 adjacent body panels
• Minor Dent – means a dent to a metal body panel not exceeding 30cm in diameter (depending on policy selected), where the panel has not been ripped, perforated or torn, and where the dent is not within 3cm of the edge of the panel
• Scuffed Bumpers – means damage up to 30cm in diameter (depending on policy selected), 3mm in depth and sits within 1 body panel
• WingMirrorCoverRepair–scratch,chip or dent to the plastic wing mirror cover up to 30cm in length (depending on policy selected) and 3mm in depth.
Your policy does not cover any claim:
• Which is not repairable using SMART Repair techniques, as determined by our technician
• Damage incurred more than 30 days before the claim is reported
• Caused by or to stickers or decals, cracked or dented bumpers, or damage to beading or moulding
• For minor damage that involves accessories, door mouldings, window mouldings, lights of any sort or any window panel
• For work carried out on the vehicle without authorisation from the administrator
• Where this policy was not purchased within 30 days of the delivery date of your vehicle
• Any damage to your alloy wheels.
Check the damaged area to ensure the required repair work falls within the specified guidelines detailed within your policy document.
Contact the Claims Department on 01926 622 660. Please have your vehicle registration and policy number to hand.
We will fully explain the process to you and issue a Claim Form. Please ensure the form is fully completed and return it to us with pictures clearly showing the damaged area.
On receipt of your fully completed Claim Form, the Claims Team will assess your claim based on the policy terms and conditions.
Once a claim has been successfully authorised, a date for the SMART Repair work to be undertaken will be scheduled at your convenience.